Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What's up, world?

So this is my first post. It might not be wise to write this at 1:35 am, but I'm doing it anyway. As I'm beginning to write this, I hear my the voices of my extremely paranoid parents in my head. Since they both work in law enforcement they are endlessly weary of social media and sharing personal information on the internet. But I'm a Millenial, and proud of it. Social media is how we communicate. I'm writing this blog to explore different topics that affect my peers and are pertinent to me - a 22 year old, recent graduate, looking for a job in America.

My age and my education level are just two of my descriptors. I'm also half Black, half Nigerian (yes I make that distinction, I'll post about that in more detail at another time) and a woman. After college I spent 4 months in AmeriCorps (fill you in on that nightmare later) and now I'm back at home. With my parents. It has been... interesting. 

Unfortunately it's too late (or too early in the morning, however you choose to look at it) for me to come up with a decent ending to this post. So, I'm just going to stop typing for now.
Here's a quaint picture of me and the besties (can I still say besties as a 22 year old?... whatever, I'm doing it) at college graduation. We rep JHU '11, '13, and '14. It's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment